Prosecco translates to Delicious Bubbles

Posted on August 17th, 2019 by vinividi  |  No Comments »

Prosecco is Italian sparkling wine made from the Glera grape.  Prosecco gets is bubbles from secondary fermentation in a steel tank also called the Charmat method.  To be classified as Prosecco a wine must be at least 85% Glera, the remaining 15% can be Pinot Blanco, Pinot Grigo, Perera, Verdiso or Bianchetta Trevigina. The Glera […]

Magical Maui, A Great Spot for a Family Vacation

Posted on August 15th, 2019 by Jeff Roberts  |  No Comments »

I love to travel and especially enjoy exotic destinations but now, I have a child to consider when making travel plans and at 17 months, that child is very curious,  running and walking everwhere and probably not capable of long haul flights just yet.  So, for our first post baby vacation,  my husband and I […]

Sonoma Rosé perfect for summer and the rest of the year too

Posted on August 14th, 2019 by vinogger  |  No Comments »

J Roberts September 2019 Rosé wine used to get a bad wrap from serious wine drinkers. I am not sure if that is because of its pink color or because in the U.S. the rosé that was available was often not of the highest quality, but these days there are some amazing Rosé wines worth […]

10 Tips for Traveling with a Child

Posted on April 25th, 2019 by vinogger  |  No Comments »

Travelling with a child can be a challenge especially when you are on a long flight.   Here are 10 tried and true tips to help get you and your child to your destination with ease. 1. Bring a stroller and gate check it  All airlines allow free gate check of a stroller so this will […]

Malbec, the Pride of Argentina

Posted on April 16th, 2017 by Jeff Roberts  |  No Comments »

J Roberts November 2018 Malbec is a deep dark purple colored grape that originated in the southwest of France and is one of 5 varietals used in Bordeaux blends.As a varietal, Malbec has generally not done well growing in French climate and has been susceptible to rot and pests.  In France, 100% Malbec is only […]

Santa Barbara Wine featuring Kessler Haak Vineyard, La Montagne Winery & Tercero Wines

Posted on March 10th, 2016 by vinogger  |  No Comments »

    Phil Carpenter is a true believer and lover of Santa Barbara wines and under his guidance and that of Tina Morey of Protocol Winestudio I was introduced to Dan Kessler from Kessler-Haak Vineyard and Wines, Kimberly Smith of La Montagne Winery and Larry Schaffer of Tercero Wines and had the opportunity to taste […]

Aruba, One Happy Island

Posted on January 14th, 2016 by vinogger  |  1 Comment »

My husband and I decided to take a babymoon before the arrival of our first child.  We wanted to go somewhere warm to relax, get away and enjoy each others company before the craziness of having a baby changed our lives  so, when I was 6 months pregnant, we decided to  take a trip to […]

Is Orchard Cider the Next Big thing?

Posted on October 25th, 2015 by vinogger  |  No Comments »

#WineStudio is an educational program on Twitter which includes tasting and discussion of producers, grapes (or in this case apples) tourism, terroir, regional culture, food and wine matching and what all this means to wine (or cider)  drinkers.  For the month of August, I had the unique opportunity to learn about and taste several orchard ciders […]

An Exposé of Viña Montes

Posted on August 12th, 2015 by vinogger  |  No Comments »

Montes Wines began in 1987 when Aurelio Montes and Douglas Murray decided to create premium Chilean wines for export made by Chileans and marketed and sold by Chileans.  The focus at Vina Montes is on creating wines that reflect the land and the vineyards they come from. Kaiken Wines was founded in 2002 by Aurelio Montes […]

South African Winelands

Posted on January 27th, 2015 by vinogger  |  No Comments »

J Roberts August 2018 South Africa has many amazing areas for wine tasting and many delicious wines which are a great value for their quality. Perhaps the most known wine region in South Africa is Stellenbosch which has glorious views, amazing wines and is a must stop for an oenophile but there are also several […]